Monday, October 23, 2017

Still Here

Clearly, I go longer and longer between posting here (evident in the fact that I briefly forgot HOW to post here). I am hanging in over here, parenting, working, thinking of selling our house in the spring, getting used to being a no dog family. I have begun a number of blog posts in the past few months, but none ever made it to the orange publish button. 

Since last November, I certainly do question how distantly into the future we can all realistically look. But there's not a ton of time for deep reflection. I love my children something fierce, but they require a lot of physical and emotional energy. Damn, if I don't worry in my free time, WHO WILL?

I'm currently on a no/low sugar detox (I may have cheated once or twice in the past 3 weeks), as my indulging and food-rewards had gotten out of hand. I definitely feel better, but I'm looking forward to feeling it in my pants as I zip them up without holding my breath. I'll keep you posted.

Still at the same place with my heart and lasting radiation effects. Still on my beta blocker, still sensitive to dehydration and poor circulation. But I'm still here, too. We discovered over the summer that high altitude living is not for me (had to ditch a trip to Colorado a week early due to altitude sickness in Boulder), and I would venture that would go for anyone who had radiation to the chest? I can live with sticking to sea level.

I turn 40 in less than 6 months. Yes, I'm celebrating, for sure (with a trip out west to the desert to chill in a hot tub under the stars). But I'm also starting to panic because my mammograms begin at 40. Is this going to give me PTSD from scanxiety? I promise if it does, you will be the first to know.





No comments:

Post a Comment