Friday, July 12, 2013

On Not Having Cancer



Any day you don't have cancer would seem like a reason to celebrate.  I'm not sure everyone knows about this little secret, but it's true.  We get so wrapped up in all of life's other sufferings - big and small - we tend to overlook the simple fact that if there is a day when you don't have to fight for your life, we should call it a good one.

As you may have guessed, that thing on my right ovary is not currently cancerous.  I still don't know exactly what it is (since I haven't directly conversed with the doctor yet), but I at least know what it isn't.  And right now, that's good enough for me.

gratuitous photo of potato gnocchi I made (from scratch!) this week for dinner


2 comments:

  1. I finally let out the breath I've been holding since your last blog-post. Whewwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both :) Thanks for hanging in with us!

      Delete