Monday, June 25, 2012

HOTY

It's been well established that I'm not always easy to deal with.  As far as baggage goes, you could guesstimate I have more than a truckload.  However.  I am very lucky and proud to say that not only do I have a few expert therapists on my side, but a lovingly supportive husband.

Husband of the Year Award goes to..... mine!

my 2 legged boys

We'd been back and forth for a few months on painting Judah's bedroom.  For his birthday, we wanted to get all of the baby stuff out of his room and turn it into a big kid space, complete with art and furniture that will last him for at least the next 13 years.  To me, this meant also getting rid of the gender-neutral yellow paint on the walls.  For Dan, that seemed like a lot of unnecessary work.  I saw it as a way to be in the present.  Our musical-room plans for future children needed to take a back burner to right now, what our lives look like today.  Paint can be more than just a color.

Anyway, Dan didn't think it was that big of a deal.  To me, it felt like we were stuck in the past, with Plan A (which, if you recall, didn't go so well).  The yellow room was supposed to be the nursery for the next child and Judah would move into the green room next door.  Seeing as how Judah isn't moving next door for the foreseeable future, I wanted to move onto Plan B.  Celebrate the moment, drown my sorrows in a design project, play house, and paint.

Long story short, Dan agreed.  And after some deliberation (AKA 4 test samples), we chose a gorgeous pale turquoisey color, Watermark, matched with the utmost care to a photo from Pinterest that I fell for.
My in-laws came to visit this past weekend to help with the job, which was completed with the finest attention to every centimeter of the room.  It is gorgeous.

happy kid

The accent colors are shades of deep orange and navy blue, with a small pop of bright turquoise here and there.  Dan's parents brought the bed that Dan grew up sleeping in and that his father also used as a child.  We've traded the rocking chair for a bean bag chair, the train table for a lego table, Babar in hot air balloons for the Montreal Insectarium.  I love it, Judah loves it, Dan loves it.  We are still working on the wall art and organization of books and toys; I promise to post some photos of the final result.

My goal today is to give my wonderful husband the public recognition he deserves.  He puts up with, and even embraces, much of my garbage (pronounced gahr-baaaj) with hugs and s'mores.  Don't know what I would do without him.


there.  that's better.


No comments:

Post a Comment