|soothes the soul, even if you're not in hawaii|
In honor of a friend who (I found out today) was recently diagnosed with cancer (and to balance out that last list I wrote complaining about pet peeves), I am returning to my practice.
Tonight, I am grateful for:
1. the ability to make a delicious dinner for my family (coconut curry - my first thai dish!).
2. my relative good health.
3. an incredibly supportive, sensitive, and loving husband who reminds me every day why I should be kinder to myself.
4. the yearbook Judah's teacher sent home today, comparing work from October to work in May. my tears missed the paper by mere centimeters. I'm so very grateful he's ours.
5. fresh produce.
7. good friends. people who know you and like you anyway. they keep calling even when you forget to call back. they love you and listen with compassion.
8. clean, folded laundry. it's like gaining a whole new wardrobe.
9. modern technology. I can video chat with my mom (who lives 5 minutes away..) before bedtime if I need to.
10. the passage of time. I'm not sure if time heals ALL wounds, but it definitely helps.
What's on your list tonight?